We base all of our reviews on the following “grading rubric” (based on 10 points):
- Speed and Load Testing We tend to look at numbers, such as TTFB, First Paint, Contentful Paint, etc. We do not base our reviews on the fully-loaded time. 4.5 points.
- Uptime: What’s the point on having an awesome hosting provider when your site is always down, there’s no point. We are constantly monitoring all the hosting providers we review through updown.io and uptimerobot. 2 points.
- Support: Basically, is the support good? How long does it take them to resolve or answer my query/problem? 1.5 points.
- Features: Does it have the latest PHP, let’s encrypt, high-performing stack, etc. 1 point.
- Cost: Is the product (hosting) overvalued, are there any alternatives that offer more for less or vice versa. 1 point.